NeighborWorks Northeastern Pennsylvania (NWNEPA) seeks an enthusiastic individual to provide a year of service, beginning August 14th, 2023 through AmeriCorps VISTA (Volunteers in Service to America). NWNEPA is a nonprofit organization that revitalizes neighborhoods and creates opportunities for individuals and families to improve their lives through quality housing and financial guidance.
About the Position
Shape Volunteer Impact! Assist us in taking our volunteer programs to the next level by recruiting, training, and retaining new volunteers. NeighborWorks Northeastern PA provides individualized and community-focused volunteer services to older adults, neighbors, and stakeholders throughout Northeastern Pennsylvania.
- Familiarize self with NWNEPA’s existing programs
- Implement and assess standard operating procedures across all three direct service programs
- Expand volunteer networks
- Identify volunteer management system
- Implement new volunteer program
This position requires a commitment to serve as a full-time member of our team for a full year. A living allowance, education award, training, and other benefits are provided. For more information about the AmeriCorps VISTA program, visit www.nationalservice.gov/programs/americorps/americorps-vista.
- Responsible, self-motivated, and able to handle multiple on-going projects
- Strong interest in Community Based Services
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Office and graphic art design
- Valid driver’s license and privately owned vehicle for service-related travel
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, but not required
How to Apply
Send a cover letter and resume to Mary Endrusick, Aging in Place Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be accepted until August 1, 2023, or until the position is filled.