Purchasing a home is one of the most significant investments you will make. We will make sure you are equipped with the knowledge and skills to become a responsible homeowner.
Our free homebuyer education workshops are offered multiple times each year. By attending these workshops, prospective buyers can:
- Participate in discussions led by local housing-industry professionals, including lenders, Realtors, property inspectors, insurance agents, homeownership specialists, and others you will come into contact with during your home-buying process
- Learn how to avoid predatory lending
- Participate in a question-and-answer session with all speakers
- Have the opportunity to interact with other homebuyers
Our next homebuyer workshop is March 16. Register today!
Online Homebuyer Course
NeighborWorks offers this interactive online course in partnership with eHome America for prospective homebuyers who want the convenience of completing the homebuyer education course at their own pace.
Who should take this course?
- First-time homebuyers
- Borrowers who need a homebuyer education certificate to qualify for a loan or assistance program
- Individuals looking to become more educated about homeownership
- Homebuyers working with local housing counselors
Key features of eHome America’s online course:
- Complete at your own pace
- Animated videos covering all materials
- Easy-to-read content with highlighted keywords
- Quizzes throughout the course to ensure understanding
- Instant access to a local homeownership counselor
- There is a charge for the online course
One-on-One Homebuyer Sessions
To personalize the homebuyer education experience either before or after completing the group education course, We recommend that prospective homebuyers schedule an appointment with our homeownership specialist to discuss available assistance programs and to review your budget, credit reports, and other information relevant to the home purchasing process.
Please note: We cannot award a homebuyer education certificate without an individual (either in-person or over the phone) counseling session to obtain your information and to provide you with tips for buying a home in the local market.
A Name You Can Trust
NeighborWorks NEPA is a certified HUD-approved housing counseling agency, a chartered member of NeighborWorks America, an approved agency for the Pennsylvania Housing Finance Agency’s (PHFA) Comprehensive Housing Counseling Initiative, and an endorser of the National Industry Standards for Homeownership Counseling.