NeighborWorks Northeastern Pennsylvania is currently seeking a Small Home Repair Technician for our Aging in Place program.
The Aging in Place Small Home Repair Technician is a part time contracted position (approximately 2-3 days a week or up to 20 hours per week) responsible for carrying out small home repairs for homeowners age 60 and above to assist them in safely aging with dignity in their homes. The Technician will work in conjunction with the Aging in Place Coordinator, Aging in Place Specialist and Construction Manager to achieve the goals of the Aging in Place Program.
- Perform basic tasks for Aging in Place homeowners which include, but is not limited to: small plumbing repair/replace; small electrical repair/replace; installation/removal of portable heating/cooling units; installation of handrails; step repair/replace; small repair weatherization assistance; all other small home repair services that will enhance the safety of the home.
- Work with Aging in Place Specialist to assist homes that need small home repair assistance.
- Work in a team environment with Aging in Place Specialist, Occupational Therapists and Construction Manager to identify homes which may need more intensive work through volunteer programs or critical safety modifications.
- Respond to homeowner’s maintenance requests in a timely and professional manner.
- Maintain communication with Aging in Place Specialist regarding project scheduling and information.
- Uphold high organizational standards. Performs related duties or responsibilities, as assigned or requested.
Current or past experience with construction, electrical systems, and/or plumbing preferred.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment.
- Embrace NWNEPA’s mission and core values.
Interested applicants should contact Mary Endrusick, NWNEPA Aging in Place Coordinator, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.