NeighborWorks Northeastern Pennsylvania (NWNEPA), a non-profit 501(c)(3) community development organization with multiple lines of business, is seeking qualified applicants for a full-time Accounting Manager position. This position will report to the Chief Business Officer, and is responsible for the day-to-day management and oversight of all financial & business-related operations of the organization.
- Supervise the Finance Assistant, to ensure that AR, AP, banking, billings, lending servicing functions, and monthly reconciliations are being performed both timely and accurately.
- Daily & weekly monitoring of the organization’s general ledger accounts to ensure timely reporting, proper cash management, & sound oversight of NWNEPA’s financial position.
- Manage all aspects of the monthly close process, including creating/posting general journal entries, performing financial analysis, & the reconciliations of all balance sheet accounts.
- Prepare monthly financial reports for presentation to management, the Audit & Finance Committee, as well as the Board of Directors.
- Perform monthly Grant Tracking, and assist with periodic Grant Reporting for funders.
- Take the lead on the preparation of the annual operating Budget, in addition to assisting program directors with developing their individual programmatic budgets.
- Manage the annual financial Audit by preparing all fiscal year-end journal entries, reports, and supporting documentation, as well as serving as the primary contact for the external auditors.
- Oversee timely issuance of the calendar year-end tax forms (i.e. W-2’s, 1099’s, & 1098’s).
- Research and resolve any escalated business and accounting-related issues.
- Regularly evaluate the organization’s accounting processes & procedures, and make recommendations to management for areas of improvements in efficiencies & operations.
- Work collaboratively with management to provide input on financial operations for use in the development of new business concepts, and the strategic direction of the organization.
- Perform special projects and other miscellaneous fiscal & reporting tasks, as assigned.
- Perform various Human Resources function tasks, including booking bi-weekly payroll entries into the general ledger; managing 401(k) compliance and the annual workers’ comp insurance audit; as well as providing regular oversight of payroll processing, benefits administration, & employee time tracking activities.
- Perform special projects and other miscellaneous administrative tasks, as assigned.
Required Qualifications & Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting OR in a related field with equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 5 years of recent accounting experience, preferably in the non-profit sector.
- Strong experience with QuickBooks or other similar accounting software.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs with an emphasis on Excel.
- Excellent analytical skills, attention to detail, & ability to understand big-picture scenarios.
- Strong organization skills to multi-task and work independently with limited supervision.
- Interpersonal skills required to work collaboratively with other staff members, as well as professionally represent the organization in meetings & other public settings.
- Understanding of federal, state, & local funding requirements & guidelines preferred.
- Previous supervisory and leadership experience is a plus.
What We Offer
- A flexible, team-oriented working environment.
- Casual dress policy.
- Compensation package that includes employer-funded health reimbursement account or dependent care FSA account; generous 401(k) match, and paid time off & holidays.
- Training and professional development opportunities.
- NWNEPA is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply, please email a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to Jesse Ergott, President & CEO, at firstname.lastname@example.org.