NeighborWorks Northeastern Pennsylvania is currently seeking an Executive Assistant. This full-time position provides a variety of skilled administrative support for the officers, board and operations of NWNEPA. Responsibilities include oversight and direct tasks in the areas of office administration, human resources, organizational strategy, and board communications.
Officer and Board Support:
- Provide direct support to President & CEO for administrative and management activities, including correspondence, communications, research/analyzing data and information, and other special projects.
- Represent the President & CEO, as appropriate, with staff and partners in meetings and in special circumstances.
- Coordinate and attend all Board meetings and events. Record and maintain Board meeting minutes and other official Board documentation.
- Promote positive image of the Officers, Board, and organization as a whole by ensuring that all communications, both oral and written, adhere to professionally accepted standards.
- Work with Officers on coordination of scheduling, files and records.
- Coordination and support of Board Committee work.
- Assist with coordination of Employee Benefits (401(k), HRA/FSA Plans, Disability, etc.).
- Coordination of internal staff meetings and strategy sessions.
- Assist with ensuring organizational policies and procedures are current and being adhered to.
- Management of NWNEPA insurance policies.
- Oversee organizational file management systems and process improvements
- Mailing lists and contact database management.
- Coordination of office activities, vendors and staff to keep office running efficiently and smoothly.
Special Projects & Other Duties:
- Assists staff with the research and preparation of high-quality grant proposals and reports for community program funding and revenue sources.
- Assists with organizational strategic planning.
- Manages additional special projects and administrative tasks for Officers as needed.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum of 5 years of experience working in a relevant non-profit or business environment. Experience in the productive and efficient management of programs or an administrative office preferred.
Job Requirements & Skills
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- High level of diplomacy, unquestionable integrity, and the demonstrated ability to deal confidentially with sensitive situations and information.
- Strong leadership and organizational skills.
- Results oriented and able to direct or manage multiple activities, programs, and/or projects in a fast paced environment.
- Critical thinking skills necessary to make appropriate decisions and work independently.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and internet navigation.
- Embrace NWNEPA’s mission and core values.
- NWNEPA is an equal opportunity employer.
- Salary is commensurate with experience. Compensation package also includes health reimbursement account, 401(k) match, paid time off, and paid holidays.
- NWNEPA operates a team-oriented, flexible work environment.
- Training and professional development opportunities available.
Interested candidates should email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.